If you’ve been living under a rock for 30 days and know nothing about mosalsalat Ramadan… I’m here to knock some sense into you and help you choose a series to binge watch; simply because Ramadan series are not to miss!
Top 3 to binge watch:
1. Taye3: thankfully amr salama didn’t let me down and his first series was my favorite. I was on the edge of my seat for 30 episodes straight and the events were just so in sink. Amr Youssef and Saba Mubarak made me so happy and they were the best on screen couple this Ramadan hands down! Throughout the series I screamed, cried and smiled so hard. Will definitely miss it.
2. Abo Omar El Masry: definitely exceeded my expectations! The events are perfectly in sync, storyline is very interesting, Fathy AbdelWahab is a mastermind and Ahmed Ezz in on fire!
3. Layali Eugenie: Let me just say that Amina Khalil and Dhafer L’Abdin are my biggest disappointment this Ramadan.. they’re too cheesy for me and Amina’s being extremely dramatic. However, the series as a whole is sooo good with Injy El Mokaddem and Asmaa Abo El Yazid being the real stars!
Do Not Watch:
1. Maleeka: the episode is around 20 mins and nothing is happening! The first 2 episodes deceived me into thinking it could be worth the watch but I found myself trapped in a series where I bet the crew didn’t even know what was happening! Kan yom eswed yom ma fakart ashoofo! Allah yehra2 aya 3ala maleeka 3al selsela 3ala sherif el 3alatool met3asab w beyga3ar tool el mosalsal!
1. Bel Hagm El 3a2ely: as much as I hate to say it, that was another disappointment. It’s cool to watch but I was expecting much more from the cast and the director (she directed the movie Nawara which you must see if you didn’t). The best thing was Rakeen Saad and Shaimaa Seif along with Yahia el Fakharany- obviously.
2. Kalabsh 2: Idk where to start tbh.. Haytham Zaki )واعر جوي يا جماعا خلو بالكوا) is the biggest fail so far, Rogina is definitely a miscasting and isn’t suitable for her role whatsoever, Amir Karara’s poker face and superhero nature are another fail, and let’s not talk about the countless mistakes we’ve been seeing on social media where Peter Mimi (director) justified on Facebook as *سهو و غلطات غير مقصودة*
What I will binge watch/ complete after Ramadan:
1. El Rehla
2. El Wasseya
3. Ladayna Akwal Okhra
(For more explanations see Zeina’s Ramadan Mosalsalat Guide)